Registration & Pre-season:
- May 1: FLL and FTC Registration opens on our website
- May 9, 6-8pm: FLL and FTC Information Night for parents on Zoom
- August 1: FLL Challenge season starts
- August 14-18, 9am-3pm FLL Challenge and FTC Summer Camp. More Info to come.
- September: FLL Explore and FTC seasons start
FIRST revealed the upcoming season. FIRST IN SHOW will be highlighted across the different age groups & FLL is MASTERPIECE℠ challenge, where teams will imagine and innovate new ways to create and communicate art across the globe.
Season Outline & Time Commitments
The FLL Challenge season August 1-November 2023
At the 4th/5th grade age level, teams typically meet one time a week, usually at a team member/coach’s home. The coach assigned to your student’s team will be in contact to plan out meeting days. Generally, meetings are in the evening since coaches are parent volunteers.
FLLChallenge teams are introduced to a scientific and real-world challenge for teams to focus and research. The students work out a solution to a problem related to the theme and build and program a robot with the LEGO Education SPIKE Prime kit. Teams will compete in 1-2 local events around November, and possibly qualify for the state tournament which is usually local and around early-mid December.